Smoke Alarms Brisbane
Smoke alarm installation & testing services Brisbane
Smoke alarms have proven time and time again that they are an effective tool which help to save the lives of Brisbane residents. Your home may only have one or two smoke alarms or you might have one in every room, regardless of how many there are, ensuring they’re ready for action at any time of the day or night is essential to keeping your family, tenants, or staff safe.
Static Electrics Brisbane offers comprehensive smoke alarm installation, repair, and maintenance services for homes and businesses across the city.
Book your smoke alarm service today.
Book Smoke Alarm Service Today
Smoke alarm installation
Under the new Qld smoke alarm legislation, all smoke alarm installations need to follow certain guidelines relating to the type of smoke alarm used (photoelectric) as well as the placement and interconnectivity of the alarms throughout your home. As every home design is unique, our electricians will provide expert advice specific to your home on where to place smoke alarms to ensure they are the most effective and provide the best warning possible for everyone in the building in a fire situation.
Here are a few important points from the new smoke alarm laws:
- Smoke alarms need to be interconnected - either wireless or hardwired
- A smoke alarm must be placed in all bedrooms and sleeping areas - this ensures anyone sleeping with the door closed is instantly alerted to a potential fire.
- Smoke alarms must be placed away from dead air space, fans, air conditioners, and windows, bathrooms, and insect affected areas to maximise the effectiveness of the alarm.
- Alarms need to be hardwired to the mains power in your home or non-removable 10-year lithium battery powered.
The Queensland Government smoke alarm legislation update came into effect on 1 January 2017 with a roll-out deadline of 1 Jan 2027. Individual deadlines vary depending on your situation:
- New dwellings or dwellings being substantially renovated - must comply from 1 Jan 2017
- Properties being sold, leased, or an existing lease renewed - must comply by 1 Jan 2022
- Existing dwellings - must comply by 1 Jan 2027
More information on the updated QLD smoke alarm legislation can be found:
What is the best smoke alarm? The best smoke alarm is a working smoke alarm.
Smoke alarm repairs & testing
Regularly testing your smoke alarms ensures they are ready to respond quickly in a fire. Residents are advised to test smoke alarms at least once a year, however, our electricians recommend testing and cleaning once a month. Routine testing allows problems to be identified and repairs or replacements carried out making sure the unit is reliable and to prevent annoying false alarms.
Smoke alarms are effective for around 10 years. Any alarms that are 10 years or older or fail when tested must be replaced.
Professional smoke alarm solutions from Static Electrics Brisbane
For practical, professional smoke alarm solutions throughout Brisbane contact the experienced electricians at Static Electrics Brisbane at 1300 139 039 or complete our quick online smoke alarm service request form today.